Cure Leukaemia is set for its busiest ever Blood Cancer Awareness Month and the charity is keen to encourage more activity specifically on Thursday 27th September. Leading the way on the 27th will be staff at Deutsche Bank.
With Cure Leukaemia being one of Deutsche Bank’s UK Charities of the Year, staff at the bank will be encouraged to donate their day's salary to make a huge impact on the treatment of blood cancer patients now and in the future.
Cure Leukaemia is keen for other businesses and community fundraisers to join Deutsche Bank and use this ‘One Day’ as a focus for fundraising activity during the awareness month for the disease. Whether it's salary giving, cake bakes, quizzes, wear red days, sponsored silences or a raffle Cure Leukaemia is encouraging additional activity across the UK on the 27th to raise a minimum of £50,000 to fund a specialist research nurse for one year.
Other major events taking place during the month include Cure Leukaemia’s London 2 Paris starting on September 20th featuring two leukaemia patients that have only recently been declared in remission, Jenna Ostrowski and Mark Nicholas. There are further cyclists taking part in Deloitte Ride Across Britain and Velo South, and Dr. Thomas Holdstock from Drive System Design (DSD) with begin his ride across America on the 27th September.
Many of Cure Leukaemia’s charity partners including KPMG, Caboodle Technology and iHub have a number of fundraising events planned throughout the month and Head of Corporate Partnerships Jackie Kelly is keen to encourage other companies to get involved.
She said: “Blood Cancer Awareness Month is the focal point for our fundraising every year so we would like to encourage as much activity as possible during September.
September 27th is going to be the biggest day of fundraising in Cure Leukaemia’s history so it would be great to have as many fundraisers as possible joining Deutsche Bank’s staff and helping make a direct impact in the fight against blood cancer.”
Full calendar of Cure Leukaemia events in Blood Cancer Awareness Month
- The annual Pudleston Horse Show
- Jess Hempshall begins her 'Vlog a Day' fundraising campaign read more
- Bik Singh is holding a 11-a-side fundraising football match to raise funds towards his New York Marathon challenge
- Rebecca Hurst begins her 12 half marathons in 12 months challenge read more
- Ducketts Golf Day in Hereford
- Succeed 'Wear Red Day'
- Ajay Dhunna from iHub is shaving his beard off to raise funds
- Deloitte Ride Across Britain begins
- 12 staff at Drive System Design take on Yorkshire Three Peaks read more
- Caboodle Technology Family Fun Day
- iHub ‘Wear Red Day’
- National cupcake week begins
- London 2 Paris begins
- London 2 Paris ends
- Deutsche Bank ‘One Day’
- Dr Thomas Holdstock begins his Ride Across America read more
- Caboodle Technology Bake Off
- KPMG Birmingham ‘Wear Red Day’
- The Glamour & Goodness Ball in Solihull
How funds raised for Cure Leukaemia help save lives